Sunday 24 June 2018

A Pyjama Punishment Monthly letter.

Dear Nanny Smackbottom

My son is 17 - a young 17 - small and very slight. He has been out of school for the past year which is when his behaviour began to deteriorate, he went to visit my sister in the Lake District where stories filtered back of his unruly and undesirable behaviour, reflecting badly on me and the way I had brought him up.

My sister sent him commanded him home to me and phoned with a full report of his poor discipline and manners. His attitude upon his return home was equally poor, becoming quite cock-sure and he began to give me back-chat during my attempts to question him about his behaviour.

This I will not tolerate hence my decision to return him to a position where he was under my control in an attempt to remind him of his status in our home.

I like him to be prepared for bed before seven o’clock begin so I can enjoy the evening in peace without his nonsense. Nine times out of ten this usually means him being physically prepared for bed by me, a time-saving device to minimise time and fuss. I have a warning system and two warnings not responded to mean I will take over his bedtime preparations meaning he is bathed and put into his pyjamas ready for bedtime, he becomes  fractious when mummy undresses him but a drop of lavender and Camomile baby lotion in his bath water
works a treat in order to calm and settle him down.

He is put to bed at eight o’clock wearing his babyish winceyette pyjamas. Steven greatly resents being put back into pyjamas as he was used to wearing boxer shorts to bed but I prefer to see him properly attired for sleepy-time as he was as a child. My sister has kindly made him blue pyjamas with bunny rabbits on which are very babyish and sweet, which add to his shame. 

At weekends I keep him dressed in pyjamas enabling me the possibility of putting him to bed at any time of day when his behaviour is deemed unacceptable. It is a great way to remind him of his new infantile status and also put an immediate stop to him storming out of the house.

He has a soft plush Teddy Bear which he has had since a child and I am endeavouring to bring it into an active role in his bedtime regime, along with perhaps a dummy and a blanket as he always used to carry those around as a toddler. I was wondering if you could make further suggestions as to how I could enhance his new found infantile status?

Regards

Mrs P

11 comments:

  1. Bedtime should be six at the latest and accompanied by a nightly spanking

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL, I TRUST YOUR JUDGMENT AS TO THE BEST BEDTIME FOR HIM. MINE IS ALSO 8 SO I THINK THAT IS PLENTY EARLY ENOUGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well for me 8pm would of been a luxury,as my bedtime was 630pm
    and ready for bed before being taken upstairs and put in to bed,after having to say nighty night to any guests that were there
    or other Family members Aunts Uncles etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eight p.m. is rather late and like my mother does, I am sure a regular lesson with a slipper or tawse will help his attitude a lot. I know it has mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A proper spanking before early bedtime, a nappy to make sure the bed is still dry in the morning and in nappies and Pj the whole weekend.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. MY mother would agree with that also. david19inbed@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope it would never happen to a big boy like me. Too old and big to be spanked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I thought that when I was 19 and was checking my Mother,I was put over her knee there and then after she had taking my trousers and pants down,a bare bottom slippering then put into very childish pjamas and put straight to bed.The next morning I was put back into school short trousers and uniform,and treated like a 5 year old all weekend including put to bed at 630pm and put into a bedtime nappy I soon learnt I was never to old to be punished

      Delete
    2. Mr. Jones, my mother tells me thew same thing. "Never to old" I "had a the same thing except I spent a good part of the day at my school desk writing lines or her. david19inbed@yahoo.com

      Delete
    3. Good morning
      Yes my Mother also use to issue me with lines which was done in total silence and in my silly school short trousers and uniform,writing away my hand and wrist would ache,sat there writing away,if I dared make a fuss I was told to stand up and would have the back of my legs smacked,and then at 4pm I would be given my tea bathed and put into my pjamas ready for bed and at 625pm I would be told to say nighty night to anyone that was there and taking upstairs to bed

      Delete
    4. I hate having to write lines. My mother is very strict about how I do them. She checks each page for alignment and perfect handwriting. Mistakes are circled in red and totaled at the end of each page. Then her three tailed strap is used on the back of my legs, one for each error.

      Delete