Thursday 26 February 2015

I received this letter from Lionel asking me to refer his complaint to my Aunty. I have done so, however I suspect the response will not be favourable.



Dear Wincey, 

I hope you will not mind me writing to you in this unsolicited manner, for your help.  You may have come come across my wife's name, Mrs Sykes - Patterson who is obviously a keen follower of your blog which she follows with an almost religious fervour with her friend, Marjorie Clark.

Now, they both belong to the same sewing circle  and of late I have noticed a lot of excited activity between them so I decided to take a chance and have a sneaky peep in my wife's sewing room whilst she was  attending her Bridge club in order to ascertain the reason for this. At first it appeared that she was simply replacing a missing button on my pyjamas, but closer inspection showed something more complex was going on and I have attached one photograph from several that I secretly took with my phone camera.

It appears as if she has been restyling a pair of my old striped pyjamas into a 'convict' style uniform with embroidered symbols and labels. Heaven knows what 'Punishment Trousers' or 'Pyjama Slave' means!  We do often attend 'themed' costume parties in our retirement but I'm not aware of any  coming up or she would have told me about this surely.

In order to solve this mystery I took the liberty of reading some of your older blogs and was horrified to find references to husbands being humiliated by a practice titled 'pyjamaring' and by games such as 'pass the pyjamas'. I was shocked to see that both Mrs. S. P.  and Miss Clark have contributed to some of these articles.

It dawned on me that she may be considering applying these 'pyjama punishment' practices to myself and other male friends at a future sewing circle meet, but I can't believe that she would be expecting to dress me in those ridiculous garments and parade me in front of her friends could she?  

Could you possibly have a word with your Aunt and ask her to email my wife via your blog site and dissuade her from having such silly notions as I have no intention of being 'pyjamaed', treated as a servant or allow myself to be otherwise humiliated by a group of silly women.

Yours in anticipation

Mr Lionel Sykes-Patterson.


7 comments:

  1. Better get be on your best behaviour Lionel. I don't think the sewing ladies will
    be satisfied until they see you being parade in those nice pink striped winceyette
    Pyjamas? Eunice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear oh dear lionel, did you say a group of silly women!
    I do'nt think your wife and Marjorie will take very kindly to that.
    I wouldn' want to be in your shoes or should I say pyjamas?
    Obedient husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This very silly man is a prime example of why early bedtime and pyjama discipline should be practised by all sensible women. The "little boys", who are in control of the world and so effectively enable people to kill one another would benefit from smacked bottoms and early bedtimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs Jacobson you are an inspiration to women everywhere!
    I have followed Wincey's blog for some time and have been using pyjamering on my own wayward husband. Up until now I have simply been dressing him in his quite modern casual paisley pyjamas but I am quite excited at the prospect of using garments like those made by Mrs. Sykes-Patterson. I shall now purchase a pair of more traditional oversized striped pyjamas that button right up and fasten with a tie cord and then follow your pyjamering instructions - this will truly humiliate my other half and support me in keeping him 'in his place' I hope very much that we see photographs of that silly man Lionel humiliated in his 'prison' pyjamas as a lesson to other insolent husbands who have ideas above their station..

    ReplyDelete