Friday 6 May 2016

A recently discovered letter to Nanny Smackbottom from Pyjama Punishment Monthly

I thought you might like to read about the bedtime schedule I impose on my nephew Simon. He was in great danger of going off the rails and ruining his life before I became involved in his life and introduced him to early bedtime and pyjama punishment. Now, at the age of sixteen he goes to bed on school nights at 6.30. I collect him from school at 3.30 as if he was a toddler and as soon as we arrive home I supervise bath time and dress him in his pyjamas ready for bed. My neighbour Miss Fulbright makes his pyjamas especially for him. She chooses ridiculously babyish patterned material of brushed cotton to make his pyjamas from and I can tell you that he absolutely hates wearing them especially the footed ones she makes for him. He looks so crestfallen each afternoon as I buttoned him into his little boy pyjamas. Once he is safely dressed in his pyjamas he goes across my knee for his first bedtime spanking. I like to spank him as soon as he is in his pyjamas to remind him that he is being punished. He then settles down to his homework until I call him for his supper at 5.30. At 6 o’clock he brushes his teeth and presents himself to me. It is then that I take him across my knee for his second bedtime spanking. After his spanking I sit him up and he receives a cuddle from aunty before I take him by the hand and lead him upstairs to tuck him into bed. His bedtime is set at no later than 6.30 but usually it is about 6.20 when I kiss him night-night. His bedroom is strictly functional. There are no electronic distractions, just a child's two foot six wide bed and a chair that I sit in to read him a bedtime story. His curtains are made from blackout material and ensure no daylight can penetrate once they are fully drawn. This is particularly helpful during the lighter nights when Simon is reluctant to go to bed when it will still be light outside for many hours. I use a nightlight to read to him but once this is turned off his bedroom is left in total darkness to induce a healthy nights sleep. On Friday night the routine is exactly the same, he is bathed and dressed in his pyjamas as usual. I did experiment with letting him stay up until 7 o’clock but since he was used to his earlier bedtime he became tired and irritable so I reverted back to his normal weekday bedtime. On Saturday I like him to be ready for bed by 3pm for a 5 o’clock bedtime. Miss Fulbright and her sister come for afternoon tea at 4 each Saturday and they enjoy seeing Simon dressed in his babyish pyjamas as after all, she has kindly made them for him. Last Saturday for some reason Simon resisted my attempts to get him ready for beddy-byes and into a lovely pair of lemon coloured bunny rabbit pyjamas and ended up in tears across my knee. He was still sobbing when the Misses Fulbright arrived and I am afraid I had no choice other than to put him to bed before 4pm. It was such a shame as he looked so sweet in his bunny jim-jams and the Fulbright's were obviously disappointed at having to wave him of to bed so early. I have promised to take him around to their house one afternoon for tea and I will take several pairs of his jammies that he can model for them to make it up to them. On Sunday I want him in pyjamas by noon. He is bathed and pyjama clad as soon as we return home from church and I like him to be in bed for 4pm ready for school on Monday. If anyone has some advice as to how I can develop his bedtime regime I would appreciate any advice or am I being too harsh on him? Should I be more lenient with Simon’s pyjama punishment. Summation of Simon's pyjama and early bedtime regime Monday-Friday Pyjamas on by 4pm, first otk spanking 4.05 second otk spanking 6.05 bedtime by 6.30pm Saturday Pyjamas on by 3pm first otk spanking 3.05 second otk spanking 4.45 bedtime by 5pm Sunday Pyjamas on by Noon first otk spanking 12.05 second otk spanking 3.45 bedtime by 4pm Yours truly Beatrice Halewood.




5 comments:

  1. Excellent way to treat him but bedtime is way to late Should be no later than 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. John

    Obviously Nanny Smackbottom agreed with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs Heywood. I hope you don't accept John' advice about your husband's bedtime! 7 o'clock is plenty early enough. I am allowed to stay up until 7.30 if I am good. But I must confess that I failed the dry cot test and must now wear a diaper each night. Mummy puts it on after she has bathed me. I have to admit that I prefer to wake up in a dry bed even though my nappy is wet. freddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freddie

      I doubt if Mrs Heywood will alter her methods. John, in his guises, has always been an advocate of extra early bedtimes.

      Delete
  4. I'm jealous of you Freddie, I wish I had that treatment along with some spankings & in girlie pyjamas...

    ReplyDelete