Wednesday 12 October 2016

Little boy short trousers and early bedtimes for this 22 year old.

Dear Nanny Smackbottom
I was educated at a Grammar school for boys in the late sixties and early seventies and wore short trousers with my uniform to the end of first form when I was 12. In second year all boys moved into longs. At 16 my parents had an acrimonious separation and I was unexpectedly sent to live with a maiden aunt whom I hardly knew although I was able to remain at the same school.
My new guardian was a striking lady, tall and well built, who wore conservative tweed skirts and sensible shoes and belonged to the Womens Institute. With her hair in a bun she looked like the archetypal schoolmistress from about 1950. Despite her daunting appearance she was a likeable and kind lady albeit somewhat strict who instructed that I address her as aunty dearest, which initially I found acutely embarrassing.
About a year later I was almost expelled from school after being discovered in possession of cigarettes and alcohol with several other sixth form boys. My aunt, or mummy, was furious and I was punished by being put back into short grey trousers for a weekend and receiving my first ever bare bottom spanking. It was a complete shock and a singularly awful experience imposed to remind me I was still a child and that children were not allowed to smoke and drink. Thankfully I was allowed to remain indoors and avoided the agony of being seen in public.
My aunt must have realised the effectiveness of her treatment and repeated it ten months on when I arrived home very late without permission shortly before I left school at 18. I then started work and was put me back into short trousers for a weekend whenever she felt my behaviour was sufficiently bad which was once or twice a year.
At 22 I was still living at home when I started dating my first girlfriend, a 19 year old trainee teacher whom I will call Ellen. She and my aunt got on amazingly well and I found myself resenting the fact that she treated Ellen much more as a adult than she did me. They seemed to become close confidants and I resented being left out.
A few months after Ellen and I had met I found myself subject to another weekend in short trousers for the first time in well over a year. My crime was to have foolishly stolen money from my aunt's purse which she soon discovered and forced me to admit my guilt. She said nothing but immediately upon arriving home from work the following Friday I was taken to my bedroom and dressed in the usual outfit consisting of a pair of very short grey trousers with long grey socks and black sandals together with a school pullover and grey shirt and school tie. I knew I would wear these clothes until I was put to bed at seven o'clock. 
My aunt had always included early bedtimes and being undressed downstairs before being put into my pyjamas as part of my little boy punishment.
Following the same routine of previous punishment weekends, before I was sent to bed, my aunt took me across her lap and gave my bottom a particularly painful spanking over her lap with her slipper.
She was a strong woman with strong arms and I knew better than to resist and end up being punished even more severely. But my sore red bottom paled into insignificance when the next afternoon without warning my girlfriend arrived to view my predicament. It was not a chance visit. I later discovered she had been told in advance of my chastisement and had been invited to see the "naughty boy" for herself.
Ellen ridiculed me without pity and ordered me to call her Miss Ellen as she was an adult and I was now a child, nothing more than a little boy in her eyes. My aunt had told her everything about how I was treated and Ellen seemed determined to humiliate me to the utmost. It was only with the greatest difficulty that I managed to avoid bursting into tears. 
That evening at six thirty I suffered the further indignity of being told in front of my amused girlfriend that it was time little boys were in bed and having my aunt undress me while Ellen was sent to retrieve my pyjamas. 
Ellen took great pleasure in mocking me as,"such a sweet little boy," as aunty buttoned me into my blue striped pyjamas. 
They each took one of my hands and lead me up the stairs to my bedroom and tucked me into bed at seven o'clock. 
As I later lay in bed, I could hear my two tormentors laughing as they doubtless chatted about my predicament.
Not surprisingly, Ellen ended our relationship the following week but continued to remain good friends with my aunt and to visit the house. From then on she always talked to me as though I was small child and continued to make me call her Miss Ellen and teased me as I sat in my pyjamas. She would insist my aunt put me to bed as early as possible so that she and my now very much ex-girlfriend could have a grown-up conversation without the presence of a naughty little boy.
Adrian

Dear Adrian
Thank you for your letter, you don't say how recently this all occurred. I hope you are still being made to wear short trousers and being put to bed at seven o'clock in your striped pyjamas. Perhaps you could ask, politely of course, if aunty dearest or Miss Ellen could write to me and update us on your current age and if you are still being treated like a little boy.
Nanny Smackbottom

11 comments:

  1. This is an excellent account of reminding a young adult that if he insists on behaving like a naughty little boy he must expect to be dressed and treated as one. Adrian’s Aunt was absolutely right to smack his bottom and to put him back into short trousers when he acted badly. The arranged visit by his younger girlfriend during a “punishment” weekend was an excellent idea and he certainly deserved the humiliation of her teasing and helping to put him to bed. I wonder to what age he was treated like this and seen by Ellen in his short trousers. Did she ever smack his bottom or the backs of his bare legs?

    I was interested to read the account of Adrian almost being expelled from school for possessing cigarettes and alcohol when he must have been 17. There was a similar account on the Misterpoll website in a poll called “Dressing as a schoolboy” a few years ago by a boy called Oliver G when he was 18. He was suspended from his school a week before the school Easter break for possessing alcohol and forced to return home where his mother immediately put him back in short trousers and turnover top knee socks which he had to wear as part of his school uniform at all times – both indoors and out – for the next three weeks. He was then allowed longs to return to school at the start of the next term. The shame of being in shorts was worsened by being teased by his 14 year brother and his brother’s friends all of whom wore long trousers.

    I have heard of several cases where adult male offspring still living at home have continued to be treated as children by their parents because of their immaturity and as a means of control including to discourage association with the opposite sex. In one case a young man was kept in short trousers and subject to very early bedtimes until he was 25. He wore long trousers for work but had to change into shorts and school uniform as soon as he arrived home and was dressed like this every weekend. His mother also smacked his bottom. He had been adopted at 12 and unlike his tall parents was quite small and looked much younger than his years so attracted little attention when in public with his parents holding on to his mother’s arm. It was his youthful appearance which encouraged his parents to keep him dressed as a little boy.

    In another case the mother of a boy of 23 was made to attend weekly Bible classes in school uniform including short trousers given by the 18 year old daughter of a vicar whom she knew well. The lessons were held in a classroom of the distant village primary school and attended by about ten other children aged ten to 14 with several of the boys wearing long trousers. The 23 year old had to address his teacher as “Miss” and was treated the same as the other children. With his mother’s permission she often kept him back after the lesson had ended for extra work as she considered him to be “backward”. She enjoyed the authority she had over him and would often comment in front of the other children how nice he looked in short trousers and that it was such a shame he was too immature and backward to be allowed long trousers and had to be treated as a child.

    Michael

    mjwd1206 [at] yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this must be obvious but the first line of the last paragraph should read "the mother of a boy of 23 forced him to attend weekly Bible classes.........". I should have also said that the mother drove her son to and from the weekly classes and had morning tea with the vicar while her son was in class.

      mywd1206@yahoo.co.uk

      Delete
    2. Michael, thank you for your comments. It is true that letters published in Pyjama Punishment Monthly were often re-published elsewhere and of course the opposite was true. Nevertheless the main point is that many adult young men were and still are treated like naughty little boys. Examples of mothers imposing short trousers, infantile pyjamas and early bedtimes on their older sons still occur today. Anyone with knowledge of such cases should write with details.

      Delete
    3. Wincy,

      You are to be congratulated for the accounts on your Blog. They are excellent.

      I have no objection to stories being published here that have come from other sources. If you consider the account has merit then it should be published.

      The Misterpoll website has several polls devoted to the wearing of short trousers by older boys as a punishment with usually over 100 posts in each poll. Many of the posts were perfectly credible, well written, and detailed. Oliver G (whom I have met several times) was a frequent contributor up until the end of 2012. His superb contributions are an honest and - I believe - accurate record of what actually happened to him at the hands of his mother when in his teens and as young adult.

      I fully agree with you that "many adult young men were and still are treated like naughty little boys" and that parents can and do impose the wearing of short trousers, school uniform, and corporal punishment. Of course, this often only happens in the privacy of the home or behind closed doors so others may have no idea of what is happening. Naturally, the "naughty little boy" himself is highly unlikely to tell his friends (if he is allowed to have any) or his workmates how he is being treated. Adrian's situation would have remained hidden had not Miss Ellen entered the picture. I imagine he severely regretted ever having met her!

      Finally, the question must be asked: do parents have the right to treat their adult sons like this? My view is that while the boy remains living at home he must accept continuing parental discipline and control whatever his age even if this stretches into his 30s or older.

      Michael

      Delete
    4. I agree As long as you live at home regardless of age you should be subject to the rules and discipline as decided by the head of the household \\if you don't like it then move out and stand on your own feet

      Delete
    5. Dear Michael

      I could not agree more with your sentiments. It has long been my belief that adulthood is forced too quickly upon males. The whole process should be slowed and the use of short trousers and little boy clothes in general is definitely efficacious in achieving this as I know from my experience tutoring in Scotland many years ago. My charge had to wear neat, very short gray flannel trousers as day wear along with a pristine short sleeved white shirt fully buttoned, a school tie and gray knee length socks that turned over at the top. A pair of hard wearing Clarks sandals completed his uniform. Even though he was an older boy he looked very smart and was attentive during lessons.
      At weekends after Saturday's morning lessons ended, his mother changed him into his play outfit. This comprised usually of a very short top that barely reached his midriff and yellow shortalls, along with his yellow sandals and no socks. He played out in the garden dressed that way in all weathers and soon had a healthy complexion. At church on Sundays he wore a short trousered suit also of gray flannel and looked marvellous. The only time he got to wear longs was at bedtime when he was put into his pyjamas. His mother imposed a strict 7pm bedtime seven days a week and he always took his teatime meal wearing his pyjamas which were usually of a style suitable for a much younger boy. His mother was adamant that early bedtimes were necessary to enable him to study better and she was strict in adhering to them. On Sundays he was bathed and put into his pyjamas immediately after church as she maintained putting boys into soft cosy pyjamas help calm a boy down and stopped him running around on the Lord's day. I am aware of two older boys who are currently experiencing short trouser wearing and early bedtime treatment, one by his mother and another who is beholden to his landlady, so you are correct when you say this form of discipline continues to this day. It is just a shame that more older boys do not get the benefits of wearing short trousers.

      Delete
  2. This naughty boy got just what he deserved

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Helen,

    Thank you for your most interesting and informative post. We are of like mind and it is a pleasure to hear from a lady who has such wise and sensible views. Your experience as a private tutor of males in Scotland adds considerable weight to your opinions on how to treat older boys and young adult males. The school uniform you imposed on your charge no doubt produced obedience and much hard work and made him more eager to learn. May I ask the boy’s age? Did you have to use corporal punishment?

    I am aware that some parents dress their sons in so-called play clothes when they are not attending lessons which is an added reminder that they remain children and the wearing of yellow shortalls with yellow sandals would have emphasized this most strongly both to the boy and those who saw him dressed this way. In his shortalls and sandals be would have looked much more like a little boy playing around the house or in the garden.

    I have read that some strict Scottish mothers have put their older sons into kilts or even pleated kilt-like skirts worn without a sporran as an alternative to making them wear short trousers. Often girl’s knickers are worn underneath and the kilt or skirt is very short so that the boy has to move carefully to prevent his humiliating undies being seen. This stops boisterous behavior. A short kilt or skirt makes it much easier for the mother or tutor to smack the boy’s bottom or back of his thighs by quickly flipping it up and pulling down his knickers. Have you had experience of this?

    I would love to know more about the other two older boys who are kept in short trousers and put to bed early. Could you provide more detail such as their ages and behavior. Are they also dressed in play clothes?

    Please write to me directly if you wish.

    Sincerely,

    Michael

    mjwd1206 [at] yahoo.co.uk



    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Very good, similar to my situation except my girlfriend's mother as the one who had enough, my girlfriend agreed with her mother and I was given a choice, agree to do as they said or end the relationship. Not knowing what was to come, i agreed to do as they said. Her Mother came right out, if you wish to act like a little boy, naughty little boy, then you will be punished as such. My mouth just fell opened, said nothing. Standing in the front room, both looking at me, I looked at my girlfriend, she smiled. Your getting a spanking her mother said, she took me to the bedroom, when I return she said, you best be only in your underpants, she closed the door and slowly I did as told. When she returned, saw the clothes on the floor, fold them young man and I did. She placed a chair in the middle of the room told to stand before her. Now for the best part she said with a smile and down came my underpants, my erection popped out, she smiled, cute, but will be gone shortly. Step out of them, fold them and stand before me quickly. Erection, I said nothing and over her lap I went. Her hand hurt, I was soon squirming, kicking, pleading, and when she stopped I was a total mess. Do not move young man and she left the room. It was a couple of minutes later she returned, told me to get to the front room, naked I said, oh yes, naked and when I enter the front room my girlfriend was sitting on a chair, a hairbrush in her hand and pointed to her lap. I looked at her, now my naughty little boy, and slowly I went over her lap. When I finally stood up I danced around the room, rubbing. My girlfriend gave the hairbrush back to her mother, No her mother said, keep it, you will be needing it alot. I was told to get dress and was told that was not my last spanking. We got married a few months later and the honeymoon was great, but prior to leaving, I was given a very sound spanking, a reminder of who was in charge. Our marriage is strong because of the spankings and mostly because she is in charge.

    ReplyDelete