Saturday 30 July 2016

This account of Pyjama Time is by Rick T

This happened when I was about 11.  It was the summer, just after dinner (around 6:30) and went to call on a friend of mine, who was also 11.  When his mother answered the door I asked if Tony could come out to play.  She said that he could not come out to play, but it would be alright if I wanted to come in a play for a little bit.  She invited me into the living room and told me he was just finishing up his evening bath and he would be out in a few minutes.

I did not think anything of it considering that perhaps he had come home from playing ball and was particularly dirty.  I too sometimes took baths in the early evening, but if it was not my bedtime yet I simply put on clean clothes. So imagine my surprise when Tony came out wearing pajamas.

Now these were not the type of flannel pajamas you seem to prefer in your stories, but rather the really thin lightweight striped kind. He slowly came out to me and clearly he was a little embarrassed to be in his pajamas already.  Also, unlike your stories, I could clearly see that he was wearing white briefs beneath his pajama pants as they were clearly visible underneath the thin fabric.  The sight caused me mixed emotions.  On the one hand I felt embarrassed for him, but on the other, I like the feeling of superiority it gave me with him in his pajamas, his undies visible underneath, at 6:30 and me fully clothed.  I knew I would feel juvenile and weak if I was the one in my pajamas and I think he felt that way too as he clearly looked embarrassed to be seen like that by me.  I kept catching him subconsciously pulling on his t-shirt to get it to come down over his waist to hide his see through pajama pants, but the shirt barely came down to his waist.

He quickly started making excuses about his pajamas like it was all his idea, but clearly he was in his pajamas at his mother's orders.  Anyway, we finally decided to play a board game and we both lay on the floor.  I still remember to this day how pathetic he looked with his thin pajamas pulled tight across his backside so that I could clearly see his tighty whities.  It was almost like he was wearing nothing but his underwear in front of me.

Well, at 7 o'clock, his mother came in and said something to him in Spanish (they were Cuban I think and I didn't speak any Spanish).  Tony immediately looked pale and started to plead with his mother in Spanish.  I had no idea what they were talking about, but clearly he was upset.  Tony was clearly begging with mother and his mother was clearly starting to lose her patience.

Finally Tony looked at me and I could see tears welling in his eyes.  He choked back as he voice creaked and asked me to help him put the game away as he had to go to bed.  As he admitted this to me I saw a tear streak down his cheek.  Again I had mixed emotions.  I felt so sorry for him to be humiliated like that in front of me by his mother, but at the same time, I felt so great at knowing that my friend was being sent to bed at 7PM knowing I did not have to go to bed until about 10PM.  It was after all summer time.

I helped him put the game away and then He walked me to the door.   As I turned to say goodbye, my eyes could not help but drift down to his thin pajamas.  I felt a tingling in my groin that I did not understand at the time.  I know know that it came from the feeling of sexual dominance that comes from knowing you are better, stronger, higher up in the pack hierarchy than a potential rival.  I was an alpha who got to stay up later and did not have to entertain my friends in thin pajamas and then admit to them I had to go to bed at 7PM.

I suppose I should have been kind and just said goodnight, but curiosity got the best of me.  I asked him if he was being punished.  I thought that maybe she discover something that led to the early bed time while we were playing our game.  He shook his head no and simply admitted that he had a 7PM bedtime.  He was hoping that by my coming over he would have been granted an extension, but no luck.  He looked at me tears streaming down his cheeks and asked me not to tell anyone else about his early bedtime.  After all, we were best friends and this should be our secret.  I agreed.  Somewhere deep inside me I wanted to hug him, to tell him it was OK and that some boys just needed more sleep than others and he had nothing to be ashamed of, but I didn't.  I simply turned and walked away.

About three weeks later, he came to my house looking for me to come out and play.  It was 10AM, but I was still in my pajamas.  In the past, I would have run to my room to get dressed before allowing him in, but this time, I opened the door and let him see me in my pajamas. We played for about a half and hour, me in my pajamas with him fully clothed.  Although I wasn't being subjected to an early bedtime, I felt it helped even us out a little.  You see, I also had the same paper thin practically see through polyester pajamas as he did, except I wasn't wearing any underwear. I can only imagine what he saw and what he thought. A part of me wanted to invite him up to my room to 'keep me company' while I got dressed but I chickened out.   Either way I guess we were even at that point.  Inviting him up to my room would have put him ahead, but who knows what that would have led to.  Anyway, there were no further pajama incidents after that and this adventure was forgotten, at least it was forgotten until I read your blog.

1 comment: