Sunday 15 February 2015

Letters from Pyjama Punishment Monthly

Dear Nanny Smackbottom
When was naughty i was always sent to bed early. I had to get into my pyjamas immediately and then i was sent to bed at 6pm. It didn't matter if there were other people in the room with me, i still had to put my pyjamas on there and then and then sit with them. It was embarrassing being in my pyjamas, and usually my slippers when everyone else was in normal clothes. I was frequently told in public that my behaviour had warranted being taken home and put straight into pyjamas then it would be off to bed when I got home. Many people all around would hear this and often tease or laugh at me as I was frog marched home. I remember being led away to a cacophony of laughter and teasing. I lived in no shoes on the carpet household and i was often told to take off my shoes and socks in front of relatives and friends and told to put my pyjamas straight on. Everyone always seemed to enjoys seeing me punished, especially when I was being spanked.
From what your mummy told me, you thoroughly deserved your pyjama and early bedtime punishments.
NS 
Dear Nanny Smackbottom
Even though I am eighteen and attend college, my Aunt insists upon me changing into pyjamas and slippers as soon as I arrive home. Sometimes this can be as early as 3pm in the afternoon. 
If her sewing club meeting is being held, I am expected to help serve the teas dressed in this humiliating manner. I am only 5 foot tall and my Aunt thinks I need protecting from what she describes as, ne'er do wells. For this reason my usual bedtime is still 8pm, unchanged from when I was a ten. I have several pairs of slippers ready to step into at the entrance and my pyjamas are laid out on my bed for me to change into. Aunty always buys me boys slippers to wear, size 3.5, and since she sews most of my pyjamas from unsuitable juvenile material the lady who delivers our tea (Ringtons, 4.40 Friday) is convinced I am still ten years old. Since I open the door to her wearing pyjamas with spacemen or trains on them and wearing scooby-doo slippers,  I am not inclined to reveal my true age to her. If I complain, Aunty spanks me, with her slipper and brings my bedtime forward. Friday and Saturday I am allowed to stay up until 9pm but to earn that privilege I must be in pyjamas and slippers by 6pm. Nanny, please tell my Aunt that she is wrong in treating me like a little boy.

Annoyed of Halifax


I shall tell her no such thing. Your Aunt is only looking after you. You obviously require an early bedtime and should always be in your pyjamas long before your bedtime.

Pyjama discipline is good for males of any age but especially adolescent boys. Far better that you are safely indoors wearing slippers and pyjamas than outdoors getting into mischief. Early bedtimes and the occasional spanking will do you no harm either.
NS

Dear Nanny Smackbottom


With your permission, I would like to respond to the letter you published in last months PPM from Annoyed of Halifax.



It seems to me that your aunt is supporting you by providing a roof over your head, feeding you, washing and ironing too no doubt. The least you could do is live by her rules. She is correct, a boy of your stature would be prey to bullies if out and about late at night. I think 8pm is a perfectly fair bedtime during schooldays. How ungrateful are you? Your aunt takes the time and trouble to sew you lovely warm pyjamas and you complain. So what if they make you appear younger than you are?

Being ready for bed in slippers and pyjamas at 6pm on a Saturday is no hardship, lots of people would be grateful for that opportunity. If I were your aunt your weekend bedtime would be a lot sooner than 9pm so think yourself lucky.

Helen Good


Well said Helen, some little boys do not realise how lucky they are.

NS

No comments:

Post a Comment