Sunday 1 September 2013

Miss Jacobson humiliates me as she buys me pink floral pyjamas


What a weekend. Miss Jacobson wanted to go shopping in town and aunty volunteered me to be her driver. I had already spent three hours following her around when she announced she wanted to visit one more shop.
We moved away from the busy main streets to a quieter back street.
“Where are we going now?” I complained. I was already laden with parcels and wanted to return to the car. “Just one more shop,” she said as she ushered me into a doorway. A bell above the door tinkled, signalling our entrance. It was the kind of shop where time had stood still. A woman in her fifties wearing a black skirt and white blouse with spectacles hanging from a chain on her neck stood behind a glass counter. Behind her were numerous wooden drawers each labelled with their contents. She was entering figures into a ledger, putting down her pencil she asked, “May I help you Madam?”  

“Yes, I’d like to purchase some boys pyjamas for my little companion here, he has been such a hero putting up with my little expedition today, so I am going buy him a little something for himself.”

 “Nnnn…no, there is no need to do that Miss Jacobson, I have more than enough pairs of pyjamas.” I stammered, “Don’t be silly, a little boy like you can never have enough pyjamas, don’t forget that one day you are destined to be permanently attired in jim-jams so you will need plenty of pairs.

The shop assistant smiled and put on her spectacles. “Let me see, “ she said turning to face the drawers, you will be wanting our special, naughty boy pyjamas no doubt.”

“Indeed, replied Miss Jacobson.

“Now look here I really think…”, my words were stifled as the assistant laid a pair of pink floral pyjamas with a ruffle collar and cuffs that buttoned to the neck onto the glass counter.

“We are selling a lot of these pyjamas at the moment, aunties and nanny’s particularly are buying them for their little boys,” she said. “The boys do appear very humiliated and embarrassed when they are wearing them, that is the desired look you are after isn’t it madam,” she added. Turning to look at me with a malicious smile upon her face she asked, “would you be wanting your little boy to try them on perhaps?”

Miss Jacobson laughed, “that would be fun but sadly we don’t have time, it will be his bedtime shortly.”

 Instead she got the assistant to hold the pyjama bottoms and jacket against me for size.

“They will fit perfectly madam, he will look lovely if you make him wear them for bed tonight,” she smarmed.

Miss Jacobson paid for the pyjamas, and said, “this afternoon dear lady, he will be put into his new pyjamas as soon as we arrive home and he will be in bed early, won’t you sugar plum?”

I stood there and grim faced nodded my agreement, wishing the ground would open up.

“Oh well I wont detain you any longer, I hope you enjoy wearing your new pyjamas and tell me, what time is your night-night?”

I hurriedly made to leave the shop but had only taken a few steps when Miss Jacobson barked. “Answer the nice lady sugar plum or I will have to spank you.”

I swallowed hard and said, in a voice not much more than a whisper, “please miss, night-night is seven o’clock thank you.”

They both roared with laughter and I was ushered out with my face beetroot red in colour.  Of course when we arrived home aunty was only too pleased to put me in my new pyjamas straight away. Indeed, she insisted I wear a pinny when I served tea to keep them clean before I was sent to bed.   




1 comment:

  1. I’m so envious; those pyjamas are perfect for an early bedtime boy.

    ReplyDelete