Saturday 29 December 2012

Although very much missed, the archives of Pyjama Punishment Monthly continue to provide evidence that early bedtime and pyjama discipline is being practiced in homes in the UK



To Pyjama Punishment Monthly
Dear Nanny Smackbottom

I would like your advice on how to develop the pyjama and early bedtime discipline that I have imposed on my teenage son. He is now punished with early bedtimes after a series of recent misdemeanours that have led to my total exasperation with him.

He is put to bed at 6pm after his bath wearing his yellow-brushed cotton pyjamas covered with bunny rabbits, that I ordered online
They are extremely babyish and cute, which I feel add to his punishment and sense of humiliation. I ordered them in a ladies medium size, which fit him perfectly.

He is becoming increasingly used to his treatment although this does
not stop his general fussing and complaints about enduring an enforced bedtime regime suited to a much younger child.

Actually I find camomile baby lotion in his bath and a drop of lavender on his pyjama jacket works very well in helping to help settle him down.

Dear Mrs S
Thank you for writing to me at Pyjama Punishment. Monthly I am sure I can help you discipline your son Finlay. Can you tell us more about you son’s punishment?
You state he is a teenager can you be more specific? Is he still attending school and if so why don’t you bath him and put him into his pyjamas earlier?
He must be very embarrassed as mummy dresses him in his bunny jim-jams, you do get him ready for bed yourself don’t you? So much more humiliating, don’t you agree? What about the weekends, do you keep him dressed in pyjamas all the time?  It would make it easier to pop him quickly into bed if he misbehaves. What about a bedtime spanking? Being draped over mummy’s lap wearing his babyish pyjamas is an excellent punishment.
I like your idea of the baby lotion in his bath and the lavender oil on his pyjamas to calm him. Perhaps you could introduce a Teddy Bear or similar for him to hug and take to bed with, thus emphasising his babyishness.

Nanny Smackbottom

Hello Nanny Smackbottom
Thank you for your reply concerning Finlay’s early bedtime and pyjama punishment.
My son is 17, a young 17, quite small and slight.
He has been out of school for the past year that is when his behaviour began to deteriorate - he went off with some friends to
travel to Germany and other parts of Europe where stories filtered
back of his unruly and undesirable behaviour.
I cut of his finance forcing him to return home but his attitude remains
nonchalant and undesirable. He has become quite cock-sure, and enjoys giving me
a lot of backchat. 

This I will not tolerate hence my desire to return him to a state where he is under my control in an attempt to remind him of his status in our home. I like him to be ready for bed in his pyjamas and in bed before six-thirty so
I can enjoy my evening in peace without his nonsense.  This usually means him being
physically prepared for bed, bathed and put in to his pyjamas to
minimise time loss and fuss I have a warning system and 3 warnings
not responded to means I will take over the bedtime preparations.

He greatly resents the pyjamas as before this he was used to wearing
his boxer shorts or such to bed but I prefer to see him properly
attired for sleepy time as he was as a child. I have found that Primark have lovely winceyette pyjamas or sale at reasonable prices and Debenhams have a wonderful range of ladies pyjamas often in cutesy designs and will fit a male in most cases
just fine albeit slightly more expensive.

I do not keep him dressed in pyjamas during weekends, this is not
something I had thought of but there would of course be a possibility
of him being put to bed at any time of day when his behaviour was
deemed unacceptable. It is a great way to remind him of his place and
also to put an immediate stop to the nonsense.

I have also not yet explored a spanking but am more than open to any
suggestions from members of this group regarding other punishments or
tactics to enhance his punishment system.

Funnily enough Finlay has a soft plush toy doggy on his bed, which he has had
since a child - maybe I should bring it in to more of an active role in his bedtime regime, along with perhaps a dummy and a blanket as he always used to have those as a comfort when he was actually a small child.




Mrs S
I applaud your stance on discipline. Your son should appreciate what you are doing for him and that it is for his own good.
I can recommend spanking as a disciplinary tool. Your son should be spanked just before you put him to bed. Over your lap for a sound nursery style spanking on his pyjama clad bottom. He should be kept attired in little boy pyjamas as much as possible. Perhaps a few of your friends could visit and your son could serve
refreshments whilst wearing his jim-jams. Then you could dispatch him off to bed after he has bid everyone goodnight. This would be very effective if it were mid-afternoon or earlier. Yes, a blanket or a soft toy should be used to enhance his babyish position. A dummy is an excellent idea. It could be pinned to his pyjama jacket and popped into his mouth when he is being tiresome.


Nanny Smackbottom

No comments:

Post a Comment