Sunday 5 August 2012

A more recent post from Pyjama Punishment Monthly. I will give you a chance to offer your own advice before I publish some of the replies.


Thank you for your most informative magazine. I was struggling to keep my nephew Simon from going off the rails until I discovered pyjama punishment. Now, at the age of sixteen he goes to bed on school nights at 6.30. I collect him from school at 3.30 as if he was a toddler and as soon as we arrive home I supervise bath time and dress him in his pyjamas ready for bed. My neighbour Miss Fulbright makes his pyjamas especially for him. She uses babyish patterned brushed cotton material for his pyjamas that he absolutely hates wearing. Two months into his pyjama punishment I still put him across my knee every night for a spanking to remind him that aunty is in charge. Once he is safely buttoned into his pyjamas he settles down to his studies until I call him for supper. At 6 o’clock he brushes his teeth and presents himself to me. It is then that I take him across my knee for his bedtime spanking. After his spanking he receives a cuddle from aunty and I take him upstairs to tuck him into bed.
His bedroom is strictly functional. There are no electronic distractions, just a bed and a chair that I sit in to read him a bedtime story. His curtains are made from blackout material and ensure no daylight can penetrate once they are fully drawn. This is particularly helpful during the lighter nights when Simon is reluctant to go to sleep. I use a nightlight to read to him but once this is turned off his bedroom is in total darkness, just right to induce a healthy nights sleep.
On Friday night I follow the same early routine with Simon, he is bathed, dressed in his pyjamas but his bedtime is 7 o’clock. The only proviso is that Simon must spend that extra half hour sitting on my lap for extra bedtime cuddles. Problems usually occur on Saturdays when I like him to be ready for bed by 3pm aiming for a 5 o’clock bedtime. Miss Fulbright and her sister come for afternoon tea and I like them to see Simon dressed in the babyish pyjamas she has kindly made for him. For some reason Simon resists my attempts to get him ready for beddy-byes and always ends up in tears across my knee. Am I being too harsh on him on Saturdays? I would dearly appreciate some advice from your contributors as to how I can proceed with Simon’s pyjamas punishment.

Yours truly

Beatrice Halewood.

1 comment:

  1. Simon is a lucky boy to have such a considerate Aunt and should be thankful to be allowed stay up so late especially on Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete